Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Bye Bye Bag Lady

There comes a time in our lives when we have to prioritize and say goodbye to things that are cluttering, expensive or not adding to the quality of life that one (namely, me) desires.

Thus, goodbye Thirty-One Gifts.

I'm officially inactive.  I think I knew when I started with Thirty-One that I'm a terrible sales woman and really hate, hate, hate to beat the streets begging my friends to clean their homes and host parties for me.  I knew that.  But I did it while it was easy.  Whilst folks were lining up saying, "I'll host a party!", I did my level best to learn the biz and accommodate everyone.  And I made great money doing it.  Great extra cash.  And as a bonus, I earned some bad-ass bags, assuming, of course, that bags can be considered bad-ass (and as a self professed bag-whore, I do believe in a truly bad-ass bag.)

However, the time has come to say goodbye to Thirty-One.  I'll happily let the ladies whose income depends on being a contractor with TOG take over.  They can host the parties, do the returns, maintain their client list.  I'll go to a party, order a bag and try not to complain.

I'm officially NOT a bag-lady anymore.

No comments: