Monday, February 04, 2013

See, here's the thing . . . .

The thing is . . . . I have been busy as hell.  One of those periods of time where I'm not sure if I've lost my horse or found a rope.  Every spare second of time seems to be filled with readjusting, re-evaluating and making a new list of the hundred million things I need to do.  I'm overwhelmed and overcome juggling all of the balls.  Or is it plates.  Shit, I'm not even sure.  All I know is that sometimes, I pause, have a senior moment, re-evaluate and think, "did I just have a seizure . . . . oh, wait . . . okay, the hamster's back on the wheel."

Work:  We added a ginormous group over the holidays.  Big.  In a new state.  Lots of providers.  Lots of work.  Busy with the transition.

MOTH:  Has been traveling so I've been extra busy getting everyone where they need to be.  On-time doesn't usually cross me.  I'm always on time.

Big:  Club volleyball season is upon us.  We are officially two tournaments into the season.  She's playing like a champ and her team is starting to gel.  We are on the road again this weekend.  My only wish is that the tournaments were in better locations.  Seems like we visit shithole after shithole.  

Middle:  The gymnast has officially made her re-entry into the competitive season with The Pikes Peak Cup.  After a mildly traumatic fiasco with her coaches the week of the event, she got pissed and did the damn skill.  She ended up competing bars, floor and vault.  She placed 4th on vault.  She placed 8th on bars, with an over-rotation and a fall on her dismount.  So, THAT was awesome!  Her bar set looked amazing!  She was super excited for floor.  Her routine looked great and she showed it off well, but it didn't score well.  Turns out, she was missing a required element in the routine.  She came away really frustrated because she was looking so-forward to floor.  I'm hoping the coaches can fix that before our next meet in Dallas.

Little:  He's testing for his level three blue belt on Saturday.  He's wild.  Just plain, curly haired, loud-ass wild.  That's all I have to say about that.  He's walking that 3rd grade slim, fine line between speaking up for himself and developing a sense of humor and being a complete smart ass.  I'm inclined to laugh and bust him out all at once!

Mimi:  Mimi has had RSV, my friend and yours.  Fever, strep, respiratory crud.  It sucked.  Usually, I kind of like having the break of a sick kid at home.  It forces me to stop, slow down, provide primary care to a person I love.  It fills me up and makes me feel whole.  But when I'm chasing my tail and don't know where to start, it's rough to provide care to a little sick one.  Still . . . she's getting better and I'm getting things done.  She's taken to laying under my desk and coloring, which suits us both just fine.

No comments: