Tuesday, January 08, 2013

I have a thought . . . .

. . . . and it goes like this . . . .

Facebook has me pissed off again.  Facebook, I realize, pisses me off more than it fills me up.  I seldom logout of my Facebook account and feel warm, fulfilled, or inspired.  I often wonder who really gives a good God damn what you are eating for lunch and why take a picture of it and post it to Facebook?  Seriously.  Wait.  Let me take a moment and be honest.  There are a half dozen or so people that I have reconnected with through Facebook that I adore.  And I'm really, really, really glad to have made the connection and either mended fences or had some kind conversation.  Really, I am.    Back to bitching. Cryptic posts kind of hack me off.  It's like a social fishing expedition to see who will bite.  Not me.  I'm not biting.   I tire easily of the finger pointing and universal untruths.   Perhaps my 2013 goal should include looking at Facebook with a new filter or reality lens.  And, a post-it note on my screen with a refusal to bite.    I refuse to bite.

2 comments:

Maisy said...

I always end up comparing...usually coming up short. I removed it from my phone and try not to look. Unfortunately, I do dig up some juicy news now and again and seem to find myself going back for more. It is seriously like a drug.

Homestead said...

Sometimes I get tired of the repost content of some people.... if I really wanted to know what Joyce Mayer Minestries thought I'd probably go friend it myself.

Cryptic posts are the sign of an insecure mind....

But most of the people I am friends with are actually my extended family so it works oddly for me.