Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Maternity clothes . . .

So I'm stuck at a traffic light in downtown Denver last week.  I'm waiting, waiting, waiting and start fiddling with the soft turtle collar on my favorite black tissue turtle neck.  Ah, I realize there is a funny seam in the front of the neck.  Odd. Stretching the neck out in front of me, I note two things . . . (1) holy shit . . . I'm wearing this shirt backwards.  Hmm.  I've been wearing it backwards all day and it never felt funny.  And (2) holy shit . . . the tag says Liz Lange Maternity.  It's been 5 years since I was last pregnant.

And a week later, I'm still wondering . . . . what does this all mean.  I'm still wearing maternity clothes.  I'm so wardrobe apathetic (and pathetic) that I don't care.  And I haven't noticed.    Also, exactly WHAT does it mean when a maternity shirt fits you pretty well backwards.  Hmmm . . .

1 comment:

Homestead said...

Can I also point out I complimented you on the classic top cutely updated with an adorable scarf?