Saturday, November 03, 2012

Thankful Challenge . . . November 1st

It goes like this:  every day from November 1st until Thanksgiving, post one thing that you are thankful about. One thing.  

The first days are the easiest, and I'm not even copping out.  

November 1st . . . . my family.  I'm thankful for my family.  Instead of taking the whole first week to be thankful for each one, I'm just thankful for the whole crazy lot right here on November 1st.  I'm thankful for MOTH, my ever-so-grouchy husband.  I'm thankful for Big:  the easy way that giant tears fill her eyes and how they run down her cheeks in rivers when she's touched or hurting for someone else.  I'm thankful for her soft side and for the tough exterior that she's beginning to develop.  I'm thankful for her kick-ass attitude and for her commitment to working so hard at school.   I'm thankful for Middle.  Middle is a grump, like her dad, and I'm certain they are put in my life to help me learn to deal with introverted, glass-mostly-empty people who wake up with a scowl on their faces and go to bed with a thorn in their ass.  After all, could the world really handle us all if we were as happy as me?  I'm thankful for Middle's healing back and spirit.  I'm thankful that she MIGHT get clearance to compete bars at the next meet on November 16th.  Might.  I'm not holding my breath, but it would make her season.  I'm thankful, even after I drug my feet, that she joined the band and is playing the clarinet.  It is causing her to connect with other girls and broaden her net of friends, and I fear that she'll need that if she continues with gymnastics.  More friends in other arenas.  She'll definitely need that.  I'm thankful for the Boy.  God-bless, he's a lot of work right now, but I'm thankful for him anyway.  His volume is always up on six-zillion-decibels and I think HE thinks his name might be, "buddy-soften-your-voice."  I'm thankful that he's beginning to think ahead (well, sometimes) and I'm ever-so-thankful that he can amuse himself with a rock and a stick, a nerf gun or a tree.  The boy needs no toys, so he's happy with anything.  Thank the Gods.   And then there's Mimi.  I'm positively smitten with that little person.  I love her scowly face, just like Middle and I love, love, love that she is beginning to blossom in school.  She's a brilliant little girl that is joyful company.  I'm so thankful to have a little person in my life.  

I'm thankful for the bloody bunch of them.  Two nights this week, I made dinner for a family of four and it was painfully quiet at the table.  It seemed like the whole woodwinds section of our orchestra was missing.  It brought like to how much I love and value them ALL.  Collectively and individually. 

There you have it.  
November 1st.  
I'm thankful for my family. 

No comments: