Monday, November 26, 2012

November 17th thru 26th . . . Super Thankful

17th . . . .

Thankful for success.  One meet.  One event.  The most important medal of the season.  Go Middle!  Third place on bars this weekend!  Whoop-whoop!!


18th . . .

Thankful for bags.  Who would have thought a little company that sells bags could make me so happy. Working for Thirty-One is the easiest job I've ever had.  It's a hobby.  It's a job.  It's such easy money.  I had two shows today.  Both were great successes.  I'm thankful for this hobby-job!  Thirty-One has had this great incentive running for the last seven weeks and I've hit several of them and I love, love, love the free stuff and incentive gifts!

19th . . .

Holiday Break.  I am so, so, so thankful for holiday breaks.  I can't wait to have several consecutive days off with my kids.  I'm looking forward to the rest!

20th . . .

Lists.  I'm thankful for lists and for how great I feel when I cross something off of mine.

21st . . .

Lifting.  I'm thankful I can lift stuff again. I think I'm healing.  The week after surgery, the hot water heater starting spraying water out of the top.  Awesome.  That meant clearing out the hoarder room.  Wait.  What?  You don't have a hoarder room?  It's that storage room-slash-deal with it later kind of room.  I call mine the blue room because it has blue tile in it or the hoarder room, because I feel like a hoarder when I walk in there.  Anyway, the long and short of it is that I'm thankful for being able to lift stuff so that I can start to pick up the basement and clean up the hoarder room.

22nd . . .

Thankful for Thanksgiving.  We had three guests at our house.  I did turkey.  MOTH is continually bitchin' about dry turkey.  So, I had a great idea this Thanksgiving.  You've heard of beer can chicken, right?  The moistest, most lovely chicken ever.  But there's no beer can turkey alternative.  But, I busted out a bunch of syringes on Turkey Day AM and gave them to the kids.  We injected the HELL out of our bird.  I taught the kids how to give all kinds of shots:  IM, SQ   . . . They had a ball and our bird was SO moist and delicious!

23rd . . .

Internet shopping.  I love the ease of internet shopping.  I'm never a black Friday person, but I do like a cyber-deal.

24th . . .

Hiking, open space and great parks.  I've taken the kids hiking twice during this holiday week.  The weather has been gorgeous and we couldn't help but go out and play.  We bouldered and climbed and hiked and ran.  One our first outing, we made it home with only one major fall.  Middle crashed into a ravine.  And on the second outing, we made it through the canyon, brush and trail with no falls and then Mimi crashed on the sidewalk right up from our house.   Still, bandaids and first aid kits aside, it was darn good to be outside.

25th . . .

Thankful for a birthday wish list that I can do.  Middle wants a room makeover.  I can totally do that.  I'm working on it and am almost done.   Mimi wants a new pink leotard.  Little's language of love is toys.  I guess he's little still.  I'm thankful for a do-able thing.  I think I can make them all happy.

26th . .

Thankful for the kids to be back in school today, too.  As much as I loved the break, I'm ready to get back into the grind.  Only four weeks until the next break.  I can't wait!!!

1 comment:

מה חדש said...

me too. i am waiting to your next new post