Monday, November 19, 2012

November 15th

Thanksgiving.
I'm thankful for the idea of Thanksgiving.

I'm not a fan of the big holiday meal.  The best Thanksgiving meal we EVER had was in Breckenridge at a pizza place called Eric's.  If I had my druthers, I'd have pizza for Thanksgiving and forget the bird.  However, my sweet, sweet mother is a turkey lover and as long as she's sharing a holiday meal with us, it just won't be the same if she doesn't get the bird.

MOTH isn't a poultry fan at all.  He says he doesn't like the DRY.   That doesn't apply to me anyway, 'cause my bird is far from dry.  He doesn't like the stringy.  That I get.  I don't either.  I really despise meat that is on the bone.  It willies me out.  That's all.  I'm all for a good portion of protein.  I just prefer it to be without the infrastructure.

But I AM thankful for the IDEA of a holiday meal with family.  I am thankful for the break from school and the money it takes to buy all the damn fixin's for a holiday meal.

Bock bock.

No comments: