Monday, September 03, 2012

Granny Square Washcloth, to Crochet

Random.  I know.  But I really like this pattern and I'm afraid I'm gonna lose it if I don't put it somewhere safe.

Blogging has become so much more than it used to be.  It's also my gigantic digital filing cabinet.

Anyhoo.

5 mm; size 8 or size needed for gauge

Gauge:  13 dc and 6 1/2 rows = 4 inches

Instructions:
Ch 5. Join with sl st to form a ring.
1st rnd:  ch 3 (counts as dc). {3 dc. [ch 2. 4 dc]} 3 times in the ring.  ch 2.  join with sl st to top of ch 3.  2nd rnd:  ch 3 (counts as dc)  1 dc in each of next 3 dc {2 dc.  ch 2.  2 dc} in next ch-2 space.  * 1 dc in each of next 4 dc {2 dc ch 2. 2 dc} in each ch-2 space.  repeat from * twice more.  join with sl st to top of ch 3.
3rd to 8th rnd: ch 3 (counts as dc) * 1 dc in each dc to next ch-2 space. {2 dc.  ch 2.  2 dc} in each ch-2 space.  repeat from * three times. 1 dc in each dc to end of rnd.  Join with sl st to top of ch 3.
9th rnd:  ch 1.  1 sc in each dc around, having 3 sc in corner ch-2 spaces.  join with sl st to 1st sc.  finish off.

No comments: