Monday, August 27, 2012

Sigh.

Today.
Mimi came in at 6:04.  "I'm scared of the branches scratching my window."
We snuggled and I told her, for about the 18th time, that I'd trim them today.  Yea, that didn't get done. I can't flippin' reach.  She went back to sleep in the crook of my arm, but my mind was wide awake.

So I got up.

And checked email.
And sent email.
Checked in on work.
There was so much in there I quit before I started and went to the school stuff.
Sent an email to all of Middle's teachers . . . . activity restrictions, back fracture, emotional stuff.  That was tough to write.  Processed a 31 return.  Went back to work.  Responded to a few things.  Filed a few things.  Tried specifically to do the things that wouldn't suck me in too far, since I'd have to abandon desk chair to get the kids up in short order.

Made coffee.  Made myself sit outside for five minutes and watch the squirrel. I do love the crazy antics of the little bushy tailed troublemaker we call Doorknob.

Came in.  Got the kids going.  Made breakfast.  Signed  planners.  Wrote notes.  Paid PTA dues.  Packed lunches.  Packed snacks.  Tied shoes and I was out the door with the elementary crew on time.  We walked.  It was already hot at 7:50 am.  I walked home.  Helped Mimi with her scooter and we walked Big to school.  I almost caused a crash from someone pointing out the window and laughing at me riding a scooter with Mimi down the street.  Whatev.  Speaking of which, I HATE the word whatever.  Laziest word in the world.  But I said it anyway.

Got home.  Started Mimi coloring.  Called the orthodontist.  Rescheduled Middle.  Rescheduled Little.  Called the pediatrician.  Rescheduled Middle.  Rescheduled Little.  I can't be on an operating table and at a well-child check in the same hour.  I guess well children will have to wait.  Called Middle's PT . .  can we get another pain patch?  Speaking of which, those buggers are a God-send.

MOTH texted . . . . work started rolling in.  Mimi's doing stickers now.  I needed coffee but opted for a protein bar and water.  Happy with my choice.  I took Mimi outside with a stop watch.  She times me and cheered me on while I did plios and a fast-at-home workout.  Not really that fun.  Had a long conversation with business partner.  Sigh.  We have a lot of things to do.  We are overwhelmed.  But we've identified some of the problem.  Now, if we could just find a fix.

Started receiving email replies about Middle's back.

Shower.  Quick get ready.  Puzzle with Mimi.  Another puzzle with Mimi.  Lunch.  Turkey wrap.  Happy with another good decision.  Made dinner.  Happy by feeling maternal and prepared.  Had a fundraising meeting with a bunch of awesome mom-friends.  We're getting a ton of things done and I'm so glad.

Put Mim on her bike.  Walked to get the elementary school kids.  They both looked terrible.  Little's frustrated with one of his pullouts, "We have to write an ESSAY . . . and I don't even know what that means!!!"  He's exasperated but effected enough to cry.  Sad.  Middle's at the kitchen table crying in frustration because she can't figure out how much fat is in 3 pounds of pastrami if it's 15% fat content.  Sad.   I did math.  With both of them.  I did homework.  They snacked.  On apples.  Happy with a good choice for them.  I loaded Middle and took her to pick up her new glasses, then zoomed back into the neighborhood to pick up Big.

Big's home and I realize I forgot to pick up french bread.  No time to make it.  Middle's bored to tears.  She can't jump on the trampoline.  She can't run in the backyard.  She can't DO anything.  She can't swing on monkey bars.  She's frustrated beyond words.  MOTH loads her back up and they go up to the Dollar Store looking for team building gifts for the first meet.  She wants to make something for each of her team mates since she can't compete.  I can't argue with that logic, even though we are on a spending freeze.  And they can pick up French Bread while I work with Big.  She has her first math quiz tomorrow.  On a sidenote . . . . I wasn't aware she was in 9th grade math.  Hmmm.  Again, lazy word.  Whatev.  But it's a fast-paced class.  Holy cow.  I'm a little worried about her missing all of 5th grade and all of 8th grade math.  Hmm.  I'm going to ponder that.  And she has fundraising stuff she wants to work on.  And science homework.  She spreads out and takes up the whole darn kitchen at homework time.

I'm still working.  Sending emails.  Dealing with some PTA stuff.  Texting the PA about Middle's back.  Aye, aye, aye . . . preliminary MRI results look like she already fractured her left side, too.

Dinner.  Was delish.  Middle's still restless and begging for some exercise.  I abandon dished, laundry and house clean up and take her to the pool.  We swim for 30 minutes.  I'll blog about swimming later.  This is what I know:  I needed it as much as she did.  When we get home, Big is done, MOTH has put Mimi to bed and is reading to Little, the dishes are done, the laundry is switched and there is a nice, cool breeze blowing through the house.  Hallelujah, I say.

I'm blogging.  Then tucking the big girls in.  Then sitting on my butt until I fall asleep and start this daily, crazy life again . . . hopefully tomorrow at 6:30 instead of 6:04.  Oh, and I've got to trim those darn branches!!!

No comments: