Thursday, June 07, 2012

I've been crafty . . .

I'm anal.
Self-admitted.

It's me.  I like order.  I groove on organization.  I put things away all day long, and usually before I really realize I'm doing it.  It pisses MOTH off something fierce, especially where his glass of water is concerned.  (Or whatever cup he is drinking out of.)   In the summer, it gets about ten-fold worse because everyone is home, everyone is taking pulls from the faucet, getting cups out over and over and I'm in a perpetual cycle of "who's glass is this?"  or "Who took my water bottle?"

So I made this . . .

Thank you, Pin-spiration.   Yes, I made it.  These are coasters that I NEVER use.  I glued them to chunks of our flooring that were in the woodpile.  I glued the flooring together and put duct tape on the back.


And then I dedicated this counter, where the bulk of the glasses & cups collect, to the family coaster row.  And, it's TOTALLY working.  I'm so stoked!!   Yea!! Can I get a whoop-whoop for simple solutions?!?!


2 comments:

Winter said...

Awesome solution. I totally understand the "where'd my cup go?' Issue. I hate to look around and see all these cups lying around so I usually try and identify then toss in the sink....Big Daddy also gets frustrated..lol Then there's the dogs and their mountain goat tendancies whenever a stranger walks by..ug. I envision a multitude of summertime spills...I will have to see if I can come up with something nearly as clever as this for our rowdy bunch ;-)

Disney Redhead said...

I love this idea!! Very cute.