Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Getting home . . . .

Getting home is exhausting!

The pile of mail is as tall as I am.  I don't think my paper karma app is working very well.  I still get a boat load of junk mail.  Sad face.  Giant bummer.

The laundry pile is easily as tall as I am, too.  I could lose a small child or large dog in it.  I don't want to do laundry today.

It's high fire danger weather here.  That stinks.  And there is a massive wildfire burning only 40 miles west of here that has claimed a ga-zillion acres and is ZERO percent contained.  Awesome.  The smoke in the air is KILLING me.   And the temperatures are insane.  IN-sane.  It was 98 yesterday.  Okay, I'm complaining about history.  Today, it's a glorious 63 with a nice breeze, but the last three days have been hellishly hot and it's supposed to rocket back up into the 90's for the rest of the week.

I'm a hot weather weenie.  We've discussed that a million times.  I'm a cold weather girl from top to bottom.  I like my shirts with sleeves and my pants with legs.  I enjoy maximum skin coverage.  I like hoodies.  I don't really love a sweaty craw or puddles of heat-evidence in between by boobs or trickling down my butt crack.  I'm most comfortable when temperatures are between 50 and 75 degrees.

I'm not sure where I was going with that.  I'm ranting and typing in stream of consciousness.  I have several posts cooking.  Vacation updates, funny things.  Random things.  Lots, lots, lots more to come.


4 comments:

Disney Redhead said...

I also hate hot weather. I sweat...a lot. And it sucks. And I become mega cranky when it's hot (just ask my husband.) I don't like it to be hotter than lower 70's. I would love it if it was only 60's and 70's in the Summer. But it was almost 100 here yesterday too. Yuck.

Homestead said...

Move to Montana.

Homestead said...

Laundry. OMG. Everything in my house is covered in dust from ripping out the living room carpets. So EVERYTHING needs washing. I'm doing two loads a day. One load shoved in before I head to work and set with a timer to be done when I get home. Toss it in the dryer and put in another load before Hot gets home. Once he is home the sprinklers go on and I don't like to do laundry and sprinklers at the same time. The only saving grace is most of what I'm washing this week (couch pillows, blankets, sleeping bags, rugs, dog beds...) doesn't need to be folded. I did regular clothes yesterday (load of darks, load of lights/whites) and folded for half an hour this am before work. It is a monster.

Elle said...

Wait . . .you ripped the carpet out? What? We didn't talk about ripping carpet out . . . . . must call today.