Monday, May 21, 2012

Play-Doh

Attention all moms, mommy-figures, stay at home folks or anyone with a need to fill a couple of hours with homemade fun.  Make this play-doh.  This is my FAVORITE recipe.  It's easy, smells great, keeps for months in a ziploc bag & you probably have all of the ingredients.  As an added bonus, your kids can eat it.  Not just a nibble, but they won't die if they eat a whole chunk.  Bonus, right?


In a bowl, put 1 cup of flour, 1/2 cup salt & 2 teaspoons of cream of tarter . . . 
In a second bowl THAT IS MICROWAVE SAFE, put 1 cup of water, 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil & one package of kool-aid mix.  If you have no kool-aid, use food coloring, but I like kool-aid.  It smells pretty.  Microwave this concoction until it boils.  About 2 to 2 1/2 minutes . . . 

Make a little divot in the dry stuff.  Add the wet stuff.  
Stir, stir, stir . . . make sure to incorporate all of the dry ingredients. 
Play, play, play.  Be careful . . . this new playdoh will be pretty warm for young handlers . . . . 


3 comments:

Winter said...

love, love LOVE homemade play dough. It's awesome stuff. I have a big bucket of play dough only cookie cutters. It keeps them busy (even Moose) for at least an hour. AND it's fun to play with them with.

Elle said...

Me too! We have a whole tub . . . . and I love it best when we can play outside . . .

Homestead said...

I know people who hate it but we have a whole bin in the laundry room on the shelf dedicated to the sport of dough. The kids love the ice cream cone maker machine toy.... I, of course, hate the SIZE of it but watching them play is pretty entertaining.

Have you tried the flour/baby oil thing on pinterest yet? I want to do it but I am almost out of flour and I tweaked my back so I couldn't lift the giant bag of flour at Costco so I either have to take a strong friend or heal up before it can happen.