Friday, March 16, 2012

To Save for All Time and Eternity . . .

Every now and then, a piece of homework or paperwork comes home that I really, really love.  I love this one more than just the average scan.  I love it more than just seeing the imperfections in handwriting and mis-spellings.  I love the idea.  Little's 2nd grade teacher this year is a creative genius.  I love her.  For Valentine's Day, she had the kids write love letters . . . from one inanimate object to another.   They brainstormed things that go together like peanut butter and jelly, paper and pencils, rock and roll, bread and butter, skateboards and wheels, then wrote from one to the other.  Their love letter had to include at least two compliments and and offer for a date . . .

Here is Little's:



Most Darling Paper, 


Your four corners are so pointy.  You are so smooth.  You make me feel like I could draw on you all day.  Would you please meet me at the Mountain Math board at 9:00 AM, so we can solve all the problems all by our selves?  Won't you be my smooth Valentine? 


Your Love, 
Pencil

1 comment:

Winter said...

Awwww! That is fabulous. How wonderfully creative!