Thursday, March 29, 2012

The Firebolt . . . A Crafting Tutorial

Supplies:  glue gun, twine, one giant stick & lots of little twigs

Glue, glue, glue . . . .

Wrap, wrap, wrap . . . . .

Wrap some more . . . 

Embellish slightly . . . 

. . . And . . . sit back and watch your little Harry Potter fan whiz around the backyard with his glasses, wand & newly crafted Firebolt.  I'm slightly worried that he will wipe out and skewer himself on the Firebolt, but not afraid enough to squelch the playtime and smush the imagination that's spewing out of him.  

1 comment:

Homestead said...

Oh we are going here next. Sweet is reading The Red Pyramid now. I'm a book ahead reading Throne of Fire but he's catching me fast. He's also reading The Lightning Thief again and he always has an animorph book going. I think we will go to Harry next. I can't wait to show him this.