Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Some Jazzy Ideas . . .

Rubbing a walnut over scratches in furniture will disguise dings & scrapes.

Re-use a wet-wipes container for plastic bags.

Add baby powder to your beach bag.  Baby powder gets sand off of skin easily.
Use wire to make a space saving storage area for gift wrap rolls.

Find tiny lost items like earrings by putting a stocking over the vacuum hose.

Use a muffin tin as a craft caddy.  Magnets hold the plastic cups down.

Bread tags for cord labels.

Tension rod under the sink for spray bottles.

I can't wait to try this.  Turn a muffin pan upside down & bake cookie dough over the top.  Voila.  Cookie bowls for fruit or ice cream.  Sheer genius. 

I also can't wait to try this one.  Create a window box veggie patch using guttering. 

2 comments:

Winter said...

from the bottom to the top (because I am such a scatterbrain i have already forgotten the first one!) That is a great idea for small veggie gardening. Heck, I KNOW anything can grow in a gutter! We have to dig out small maple trees here every spring :)

Cookie bowls...AWESOME

Bread tags..who comes up with this stuff? so cool

I do the muffin tin/ craft caddy thing. I don't usually use magnets, but it still works well.

Baby powder? really? I had NO idea. Do you know how many sunburns turned sand burns I could have spared myself growing up in San Francisco? Wowzers. Getting some tomorrow and stocking the beach bag. which is ridiculous because it's the great grey beast February in NW Indiana, but if I don't do it now I will forget.

I love this post! Cute, helpful and interesting. thank you :)

LoryKC said...

Awesome, awesome, awesome.
I grew up in Florida, try to return to some beachside location whenever I can and had NO idea baby powder took sand off easily. Also buying some today (also in the dead of winter in Indiana)!
Thanks!