Monday, January 09, 2012

Menu for This Week

I've been off track.  With hospital trips and kids home during the day, trying to fit some fun things in complicated by a husband lingering around the house .  .  I've just been off track.  I bet every mother of school aged kids starts walking sideways, like they need a V8, close to the end of Christmas Break.

I spent about 6 hours in the kitchen yesterday doing prep work for this week's meals.  I'm back on track.  I think . . .

Sunday:  I did Christmas dinner.  The sides we never had over the break.  Extra sides for dishes this week.
Monday:  Shepherd's Pie with the leftover mashies from last night.  Delish.
Tuesday:  Teriyaki Chicken Stir Fry over rice
Wednesday:  Stuffed Shells
Thursday:  Pork Tenderloin, veggies from the freezer &
Friday:  Fend for yourself night.  Beauty & the Beast is being re-released and we have no volleyball on Friday night, so we girls are having a date.  We will eat our body weight in popcorn.  The boys, I'm sure, will have pizza.
Saturday:  Team late lunch @ Jason's Deli.  I'm not cooking.   Coming home for snacks and/or munchies only during the Bronco game.
Sunday:  Something marvelously crock pot-able.  Probably that super duper French Dip recipe I shared a few months ago.

And, Homestead, here's the recipe I meant to share w/ you for Lime Chicken Soft Tacos.  I got it from Mel, who does meals like WE do . . . well, sort of.  She brought it to a Mexican pot luck that we did for the volleyball team.  It was delish.  Your kids will like it.

3 comments:

Winter said...

looks fantastic. And yeah..about the whole sideways and around the bend thing after break. Oh yeah...

I'm going to have to hunt down that french dip recipe. I haven't had anything roast beef like in 6 months (I used to work at Arbys...not real roast beef by any means, but the smell..it lingers.) I would love to make some REAL french dip stuff for the kids next month

Elle said...

OMG. OMG. OMG.

I'm an Arby's Alumni, too. How odd is that. I still can't eat Arby's roast beef. Ham, yes. Turkey, ok. Roast beef. Nope. I was the queen of the drive thru in my high school days. My uniform was brown polyester . . . how about you??

Ha!!

Winter said...

Hillarious. I was a manager so I wore black..thankfully..lol until the "Good Mood Food" lime green shirts came out. yay! Having seen what the beef is made of I just can't do it..lol I called Arby's "the Hotel California" because everyone I knew who worked there and left came back!