Friday, January 06, 2012

Consumer Reports Says:

Buy these.  Tons of fun.  Good for balance, good for coordination.  Good inside.  Better outside.  Good for spinning, good for sliding, good for pulling.   Actually, haven't found anything they aren't good for.  Love, love, love.  Money well spent.  Five enthusiastic stars.


Don't buy this.  Let me ask you.  If the purpose of making new crayons would be to use up stubby old, too-short-to-color-with crayons then why in THE hell would Crayola make a crayon maker that puts out short, too-stubby-to-color-with crayons.  Ridiculous.   Colorful:  yes.  Pretty:  yes.  But this gizmo gets an overall 'no-star' rating from this mommy.


Buy this.  I'm liking it a lot.  I got a cheap trial from the folks that mail me Proactiv.  $10 for a month of trial product and four extra things.  Shine goo, a conditioning comb, some leave in conditioner stuff and something else that looks like a glue stick.   The verdict:  it's a little odd to not "shampoo" your hair, in the traditional sense.  It feels funny in the same way that reading on a kindle did in the first week.  I missed turning the pages.  Likewise, I miss the lather.  But, the overall result is pretty wow.  It's very visable and quite noticeable in Mimi's hair, which is fine and long.  It's always a tangled, matted mess and every morning, she wakes up looking like she had a WWF fight with the pillow.  The pillow always wins.  So get this.  


Price wise, it's less than this treat:



And that's all I have to say about that.  For now.

3 comments:

M&Co. said...

So what is the skateboard looking thing called? I'm working on my balance in PT for my knee and the BoyChild is always looking for fun things.

Winter said...

spoonerboard...if i remember the Christmas list correctly :)

Elle said...

yep -- spooner board . . .

so fun . .

it would be perfect for knee rehab . . . i remember rehabbing my knee -- and they put me on something like it . . . it's really fun . . . .