Monday, November 28, 2011

November 27th

Thankful for Sunday.

I've already been thankful for a husband that tempers his bitching with troubled, brow-furrowed looks when I ask for movement of furniture.  I thought he was gonna kill me, but it appears to be okay.  Still thankful for the same thing, only more, since today's move involved two GIANT pieces of furniture.

Thankful for athletics.  Thankful for the movement.  Thankful for the high.

Thankful for friends.  Those that I hold dear.  There are a blessed few, and as I have proven again, I can't handle friendships.  They are too complicated and convoluted.  One person, see I use the term friend so, so loosely . . . told me that I don't know how to have girlfriends, because I wasn't raised with sisters.  I don't know how to talk to women.  I don't know how to take their criticisms of me.  I think she's right on the money.  I don't know shit about female friendships.  Except, of course, that I suck at them, and that I am indeed building a gigantic brick wall around myself in efforts to protect myself from more heartache.   I swear I'll learn my lesson this time.  I swear I will.

3 comments:

Maisy said...

My Grandma used to say, "consider yourself lucky if you can count your true, life-long friends on one hand". I think with friends, quality is better than quantity. :-)

Anonymous said...

The word Friendship is vague and overated! In my book, you're one of the best! If I could chose a sister, you would be my first pick! If I could chose a sister for my daughter, (who has no sisters) you'd be the only one considered! Your sense of family, commitment, kindness, and friendship is inspiring. Please know your heart is forever safe with us! Love you...

Anonymous said...

You are a good friend! I know I can come to you for real answers and you don't lie. I appreciate you for who you are and what you bring to our relationship!
Cin