Tuesday, November 15, 2011

November 15th

Thankful for conversation.

I'm thankful for communication.  There are times when there's a gap for a while in productive conversation, but today, I'm truly, absolutely, 100% thankful for productive, problem solving, here's-how-I-feel-now-you-tell-me-what-we-can-do-to-fix-this-together kind of conversation.   Conversation  and communication are things (well, along with opposable thumbs) that separate us from the apes, so I'm very, very thankful today to be able to speak my mind to someone that pretends to care.  I'm thankful for a someone who doesn't threaten to walk away.  I'm thankful for a someone that is a rock and that is, at least from time-to-time, helpful.  I'm thankful for someone that is learning to speak my love language . . . . I'm thankful that I'm figuring out what that is.  (Read the book, you'll understand . . it's a couples-counseling thing that was recommended by one of everyone's favorite TV shrinks.)

I'm thankful for the gift of speech.  And the even bigger gift of free speech.  I'm so, so, so thankful for the gift of speech through the keyboard & expressing myself through written language.  I do believe there are many days that I would simply implode if I didn't have the simple outlet of writing on blogs.

1 comment:

Deanst3r said...

Very nice!