Thursday, August 11, 2011

I'm sad.

I'm sad tonight.  Melancholy, I guess.  I'm sad about break ups.  Ho-hum.  Break-ups suck.  I guess I generally mean all of them, but I'm thinking about one specific break up.

I guess I took it hard.

It always hurts the most when you really care about someone, right.  And, truth be told, girlfriend break-ups are the hardest ones out there.  For me, they leave me feeling broken for a long, long, long time.  So I've had the year of break-ups.  Maybe it's been more than a year, and I'm still broken.

Tonight I had that light-bulb moment when I realized I'm still broken.  No  matter how tough I think I am, I'm still crying inside and still bleeding from wounds that should be healing.  I'm still blaming myself for thin skin.  I'm still wishing for a do-over and mourning loss and thinking about my old (I can't even say ex) girlfriend.

Pity party for me tonight.  I think I'll go eat worms.

No comments: