Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Doesn't seem like much to you?

What?  That's nothing remarkable to you?  It's nothing short of extraordinary to me, for this is not just the bottom of any old giant basket.  This is the bottom of my laundry basket.  It's fabulous.  And more than an empty laundry basket, I should have photographed an empty bed.  No piles on my bed.  And empty rails.  I have a nasty habit of pulling warm laundry out of the dryer and putting it over the rails in piles for each kid.  (Remember, we don't have any dressers, so what's the point of folding all of that just to go hang it up!!)  I'm feeling especially accomplished right now with an empty basket, no piles on the bed and naked rails, too!  Go me.

2 comments:

Disney Redhead said...

No dressers? Where do you put things like socks and whatnot?

Elle said...

Baskets, mostly. In our house, the laundry room is upstairs, on the sleeping level, which I believe is absolutely genius. There's a lovely linen closet right off of that area, where "foldables" go. The girls have a shelf for socks & undies. Another shelf holds a basket for "gymnastics stuff", another for "soccer stuff", and yet another for "volleyball stuff". There's a big basket in the bottom that holds jammies. Little has a couple of drawers on the end unit of his bunk bed, so his under-stuff goes in his drawers. Mimi has a nightstand stuck in her closet for panties. And socks. She has one drawer for both. The master closet also has a shelf built into it, so I put things that would go in a dresser, organized into baskets, on those shelves.

Someday I might have a dresser.

Or not. Dressers with mirrors on them totally creep me out. Actually, ANY mirror in a bedroom creeps me out. That's another post, isn't it?