Monday, May 16, 2011

Monday Morning Madness

Monday morning.  Yikes.   I think the real YIKES is that this is the LAST Monday morning of school for everyone.   Is Monday nuts at everyone's house?  I have to use every minute of Monday morning to reign in the weekend's chaos, put stuff away, make a battle plan and catch up on loose ends.   It's my day to finish.  Or to get started.    This morning . . . .

I woke up early.  Earlier than everyone else.  I tidied up the bathroom.  I put on workout clothes.  Yes, working out is in my plan for this  morning.  I moped around wondering why my back hurts so bad.  It's that terrible kind of pain that could go either way.  Today, I'm not sure whether to nurse it along and limp it into healing, or press through the pain and do a core workout.  Hmmm.       Then what?   Mimi got up.  I dressed a baby, took her to the potty.  She helped me wake the big kids.  Made french toast sticks.  Fed the swarm.  Emptied the dishwasher.  Filled it again.  See, I'm a whole load off from yesterday.  I stood at the back sliding door looking at the fireplace.  More than the fireplace, the patch of sod we removed yesterday to accommodate the flagstone.  I don't like it.  Uh-oh.  Sinking feeling.  I can't put my finger on what's wrong.  The shape, I think . . . but I'm gonna think about it more later.   Put some stuff on the scanner.  Got the kids to school.  Caught up on email.  Called the dentist.  Called a doctor.  Scheduled an appointment.  Confirmed an appointment.  Scanned some more.  Went for a jog-slash-walk.  Ouch.  Paid a couple bills, top-dressed the back yard on the left.  Watered that.  Marveled at the mud.  Oh my land.   Thought about E.E. Cummings, "The world is mud-licious and puddle wonderful."  We've had overcast rainy days.  Good for my grass.  Dreadful on my doggie's feet . . which track into my kitchen floor.   I've done three loads of laundry and am headed to finish another & hop in the shower before I pick up Mimi and head to school.  I'm taking pictures of any 5th grade kid who isn't represented in the slide show . . . and doing a parade.  Fifth grade kids make floats . . . out of shoe-boxes . . . that represent all that they know about a state they were assigned.  Big's Delaware float is mack-daddy.  All the 5th graders line the hallways with their floats and the other classes parade by.  It's cool . . .

I'm thinking about summer.  Six more school days and we're home for the summer.  I can't wait!!

No comments: