Wednesday, May 04, 2011

I'm just sayin' . . .

I'm just sayin' . . . .

Sometimes the best intentions totally backfire.   Shortly after Middle was born, I joined Weight Watchers.  I left every meeting defeated, starving & unable to resist driving through fazoli's for warm and wonderful melt-in-your-mouth garlic breadsticks.   Confessions of a carb-a-holic, right.    But my point is . . . my good intention of making a great attempt to manage my weight in a healthy fashion totally backfired.

I'm thinking this might be backfiring, too.  

It's not safe.  Not at all.  Because when a normal kid comes forward and trusts his parents with things happening at school . . . . crazy people get involved and place blame ON THE VERY KID that was brave enough to tell.  

Jacked.  It's just totally jacked.  

Enter school counselor.

And another personal example.  When I was in college, I frequented an eating disorder support group.  Yeah, long story.  Suffice it to say that I walked away with very little support, but a trainload of great ideas on other ways to torture my soul over miscellaneous flaps, wrinkles and folds.  Attending that support group just gave me a bigger arsenal of ideas on how to abuse myself.

So, sometimes, the best intentions . . . like a school counselor's involvement . . actually plant the seeds of HOW to conceal unsafe things instead of working to tease out the truly troubled souls.  

I'm just sayin' . . . .

No comments: