Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Tired.

Oh my Gosh, I'm so tired today.  I woke up early.  MOTH had an early morning, so I was flying solo to get everyone out of the house.  I fed and helped them along with the single goal of going back to bed.  True to form, once the nest was empty, I decided to drive my newly repaired car to the grocery store.  I haven't grocery shopped since before our spring break, so we're down to the bottom of the barrel. 

Grocery shopping with children should be an olympic sport. 

But when they aren't there . . . it's kind of weird.  There's no one to be the "getter".  It took me just as long, only nobody spilled my coffee and I had zero disciplinary moments.  Nobody tried to juggle mangoes or make the lobsters "talk".  Blissful, I guess.

While I was at the grocery store, I took a phone call from accounting.  My heart sinks when I see that number come up.  It was a friendly reminder that our tax prep paperwork has to be in by Friday in order for them to complete on time.  Sheesh.  Have I vented about how much I hate taxes.  I.  Hate.  Taxes.  Everything about them.  I hate preparing documents, saving receipts and driving there.  Ugh.  I hate the "you owe the government" phone call.  And I've come to hate the "you get 14 cents back" phone call. 

So, I unloaded groceries this morning & spent the rest of my alone time prepping payroll and taxes.  Joyful.  Just about as joyful as back to back mamogram and pelvic exam appointments.  My time is up and I have to go fetch Mimi . . .

And, I'm STILL tired. 
And now, very hungry.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I'll come work for you as a nanny and you can take a day off. =P