Sunday, March 20, 2011

Mountain air!!!

I've been gone!!

Thursday I ran around like a chicken with no head -- getting ready to leave & prepping for the carnival st school. I would have been plenty busy with one or the other but doing both had me scooting about at a furious rate. I was so busy I didn't know if I'd lost my horse or found a rope!!

I sometimes wish I was not the type for cleaning before departure - but I am. I like to come home to a clean house. What can I say?

I spun cotton candy for 8 hours on Friday. I came home a hot sticky mess with blue raspberry sugar floss standing up off of my ponytail like troll hair. Middle won the best dressed contest for 3rd grade. Big looked fab too. Photographic evidence coming next week.

We went tubing yesterday. Good fun. More later.

There is no wireless here. Shhh. Sweet freedom!

Cheers :)

2 comments:

Heather said...

Cleaning before a departure = absolutely necessary. There is nothing worse than coming home from a trip to a dirty house. The day(s) after a vacation/trip are for decompressing and unpacking... not for cleaning!

Homestead said...

We call that "channelling Great-Grandma Rose" around here.

My Great-Gram was, according to lore, a great lover of going places but also a great lover of a clean home. My Grandma said she would shoo them out of the house, sweep and dust as she backed out the door, stopping long enough to toss her apron on the chair by the entry and off they would go.

I aspire to be like her.

Also... I salute you because just the smell of cotton candy makes me want to yak.