Thursday, February 17, 2011

I'm a copycat.

I'm a copycat.  I admit it.  I've been reading Heatherroneous lately.   She's doing some blogger photo challenge.  I love it.  So, I'm copying.  I'm not sure if it's supposed to be done on a time frame or anything specific.  I'll be making up my own rules as I go along.  I just think it's cool.  So, here we go:

Blogger Photo Challenege Day 1:  Your facebook profile picture. 



This is my current facebook profile picture.  I don't love it.  I NEVER love pictures of me, but my photographer friend has me well convinced that this is as good as it gets, so here it is.  This photo is a cropped version of the Christmas card photo shoot that she did in our back yard.  Here's the REAL picture (or one of the series, since I'm obviously holding Moose's collar in one.)


I love that we were all looking the right direction.  I love that pot in the background on the left.  It overflows with hen and chicks in the summer.  It makes me smile.  I also LOVE Mimi's shoe-sox and Middle's cut off shorts, long pipi longstocking socks & purple boots.  This was taken in Little's turtleneck phase.  He wore nothing but turtlenecks, no matter the temparture . . . for a LONG time! I gave that necklace to Big & she wore that turtleneck for Halloween when she dressed up as Velma.    Ooh, and my garden pagoda off to the side . . . . MOTH gave that to me as a gift so I could capture my zen spirit.  I planted that tree behind us the summer after Little was born.   Mimi's still sad that her purple ball is gone.   So much happens in the background . . . it makes me wonder why we crop.


This is the shot that actually made the Christmas card.   I liked the hats.  Tana is watching an animal over MOTH's arm, but that's normal.  And this was when Moose was nutty as a froot-loop, freshly adopted, un-trusting and borderline mental.  He was so deep in trauma that he wouldn't hold eye contact at all, much less look at a camera (but he loved to sit on Middle's lap!)



And above . . . well, that's what MOST of the pictures from that day look like . . .


And finally, the one hanging in my front room.  I still hate ME in this picture, but I adore everything else.  From the Beezer on Middle's lap, to the paci in Mimi's mouth, Little's PJ pants & the baby doll.  Our house in the background, even with the door hanging wide open!   It's perfectly disorganized and captures the true essence of us.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Yay! I hoped you'd do the photo challenge! What cute pics! I love, love, love the last one for all its personality. I just wish you felt as beautiful as you are!

xxHeather :)