Saturday, January 22, 2011

The Golden Chain

Thought of this tonight during a heavy discussion with the kids.  We were eating pancakes and enjoying a fabulous dinner prepared by Middle when a discussion of Buddah erupted.  Big's reflection this week is from Buddah . . . and it prompted some talk from my childhood about Buddahist services.  That made this prayer come bubbling forth. 

I am a link in Amida Buddha's golden chain of love that stretches around the world. I will keep my link bright and strong.



I will be kind and gentle to every living thing and protect all who are weaker than myself. I will think pure and beautiful thoughts,  say pure and beautiful words, and do pure and beautiful deeds, knowing that my happiness or misery depends on what I do now.

 
May every link in Amida Buddha's golden chain of love be bright and strong and may we all attain perfect peace.

No comments: